The Analytics Report in the PubGuru platform provides a collective view of data tracked from different data sources such as Google Ad Manager, Google Analytics, and PubGuru Analytics.
Access these data on your PubGuru dashboard by clicking on Analytics Report under the Reports section.
You can adjust the date based on your preference and also customize the data shown in the chart and in the table below it using the following criteria:
You can control the data that you can see in the graph and the ones to be highlighted in the table underneath it by selecting any of the following options:
Google Ad Manager
- Revenue and impressions as reported by GAM
- Direct campaigns are included here, and this is usually not the controlling metric for anything other than some direct campaigns.
- Often but not always higher than the ad network, PubGuru, and PubGuru Header Bidding data.
- Ad revenue and impressions as reported by individual ad network interfaces
- This is usually the “controlling metric” (the IAB term for the payable amount).
- Daily updates are usually not going to be the final data. Finalized ad network data are usually available around 7 to 10 days after the billing month is over. This usually happens because of data reconciliation and invalid traffic (IVT) analysis/adjustments.
- Records data on pages where our PubGuru technology ran
- Impressions and revenue data are counted from all advertisers, programmatic, and even direct/house campaigns.
- This is never the controlling metric, but useful for analysis and comparison.
PubGuru Header Bidding
- Data recorded when PubGuru Header Bidding won the impression (MonetizeMore as the advertiser)
- GAM only supports limited data breakdowns for various dimensions available, so this may show estimated values.
- As this revenue source only reflects header bidding data, direct campaigns are never included when this is selected.
- This is also never the controlling metric, but useful for analysis and comparison.
Aside from Revenue Source, you can also control the data being shown in the graph and be highlighted in the table (if the metric is available for the revenue source selected) by choosing the metric from the drop-down. Metrics available for selection are the following:
- Net Revenue
- Ad Impressions
- Page RPM
- Session RPM
You can then set your preferred currency. Currency options that are available currently are USD, EUR, and CAD.
The Analytics Report shows a daily breakdown of the data based on the filters and controls selected in tabular form. The column settings will then let you further customize the data that will be displayed in the table by data source (PGA, GA, and GAM) and metrics per source (Pageviews, Sessions, Page RPM, and Session RPM).
The table also shows when the data being displayed was last fetched.
If you need to, you can download the report as a .csv or .xls file.
If you are missing the Google Ad Manager and Google Analytics data in the Analytics Report section of PubGuru, these sources need to be connected through the Account Connections menu. Here, you can conveniently and securely connect your GAM and GA credentials to take advantage of PubGuru’s unified reporting features.
It is also important to remember when viewing data from each data source that each platform has a slightly different way of counting and recording the different metrics being shown in the Analytics Report. For instance, PubGuru Analytics data do not reflect your entire ad server data as you may not be running PubGuru in 100% of your traffic.