MonetizeMore is publishing a series of posts about how to report problematic ads. We aim to help our publishers display the best ads for their websites in order to earn more. Be sure to follow this series and share it with your friends! And don’t forget to subscribe to the MonetizeMore Newsletter.
If you happen to spot a faulty ad (i.e. irrelevant, not-showing, problematic) on your website while browsing Internet Explorer, follow the steps below in order to report them:
1) Capture a screenshot of the ad in question.
- You can use the ‘Print Screen’ function on your keyboard or the Snipping Tool for Windows, then open your favorite image editor, for example, ‘Paint’.
- Save the image in your local folder.
- You can also directly paste and upload the image on http://snag.gy/ or http://imgur.com/ so it gives you a live link of the screenshot image
Example of a screenshot image of a faulty ad:
2) Next, copy the ad code from the page’s HTML source.
- Right-click on the ad, then select View Source
A new window will open up to show you the HTML code of the page. It’s a bit challenging to locate the ad code on Internet Explorer, but it will most likely look like this.
- Copy the whole ad code to make sure you won’t miss anything.
3) Note down the device and browser used.
- The device used is: Desktop
- The browser is: Internet Explorer
- In order to know the IE version you are using, follow these steps:
4) Specify the page the ad was spotted on.
- List as many pages where the ad appeared, for example:
5) Note down the ‘Destination URL’ the ad would be directed to.
- The easiest way to know the destination page is to click on the ad and check the website address that comes up.
- In the example below, the destination URL of the ad is: http://www.lazada.com.ph/
6) Just email your notes to us at:
http://support.monetizemore.com/customer/portal/emails/new or if you’re reporting a problematic ad for a site you do not own, email the details to the website’s contact email.
MonetizeMore helps publishers monetize their full ad inventory – from setup to optimization, to making sure all ads are relevant and working properly. If you would like to learn how MonetizeMore can quickly block or fix any of your problematic ads, contact us for a free consultation here.
- How to Properly Report Problematic Ads in Firefox Browser
- How to Properly Report Problematic Ads in Google Chrome
- How to Choose Ads to Show on my Website
- How Embarrassing! The Problem of Inappropriate Ads
- Google Content Policy Violations and How Your Website Can Avoid Them
- How to Improve CPMs for Display Ads