Get updated when we publish the latest DFP Tutorial videos. Subscribe to our YouTube Channel.
Hello! My name is Meghan and in this video, we’ll be walking you through another Learn 2 Monetize More tutorial about DFP. For this installment, we’re going to teach you a little about geo-targeting for DFP line items.
Depending on what part of the world your web traffic arrives from, geo-targeting can be important for customizing your line items according to your varied geographic markets. The objective of this tutorial is to show you the step-by-step method of geo-targeting your line items.
Please also note that DFP is able to geo-target based on IP addresses. This type of geo-targeting is actually very precise and reliable.
Now, let’s get started:
1) Logon to DFP
2) Click the Delivery section.
3) Under My Orders, click the order containing the line item you’d like to edit.
4) Click the appropriate line item in the table
5) Click the Settings tab.
6) Under Add targeting, select a targeting criterion. (Example: Geography).
- Type a geographic location, example: United States
- Click include to select and move geographic locations to the right
- You can click on the ‘x’ button to exclude a specific location
7) Click Save.
Granularity in Geotargeting
The level of granularity varies by country. US targeting provides granular options such as postal codes and neighborhoods. Here are some more examples:
- Brazil: target to the city level. For example, City: Balsas, State of Maranhao, BR
- Japan: target down to prefectures, cities, and neighborhoods. For example, Neighborhood: Inage-ku, Chiba Prefecture, JP
- Singapore: target the airport, but not other regions. For example, Airport: Changi Airport Singapore, SG
- United Kingdom: target to provinces, TV regions, and cities. For example, TV region: North West, G
To get the latest videos from our Learn2MonetizeMore series, subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Register as our Premium Publisher to get you started on a FREE DFP setup.