Do you want to earn higher returns on your ad placements than you currently receive? We hate to break it to you, but you may be wasting your time on AdSense. You need to look into DFP Small Business.
Let’s clarify: if you’re running AdSense ads and hoping for the best, then you probably aren’t making anywhere close to the revenue that you could be making.
If you aren’t incorporating ads from other high-quality networks into your ad approach, you’re leaving money on the table.
DoubleClick For Small Business helps publishers manage and deliver their ads across the web, mobile, and video ad inventory. It allows publishers to sell ads, and get this: you can use DFP Small Business with AdSense!
You don’t have to give up your AdSense ads — just run ads more intelligently and start accepting direct ad buys with Doubleclick For Publishers Small Business.
Need more reasons to use Doubleclick For Publishers – DFP vs AdSense? We can’t overstate how powerful DFP Small Business is – let’s take a closer look.
Complete AdSense integration
When you start using DoubleClick For Small Business, you’ll continue managing your AdSense inventory, but in DFP. Publishers can fill their unsold unit inventory with AdSense, and when you use it with Doubleclick For Publishers, the ads compete in real-time with third-party ad networks and other non-guaranteed advertisers.
After you’ve played around with DFP for a bit, you’ll notice that you can manage your ads with options to target them to specific audiences.
These options include:
- Sponsorship: Sell a percentage with the highest priority of delivery – commonly used with placement buys.
- Standard: Sell a fixed quantity of impressions via CPM or CPC network – mostly for publishers who sell to individual advertisers.
- Network: Sell a percentage of remaining impressions suitable for ad networks bulk – mostly for high traffic sites that can’t sell all their space
- Bulk: Allocate a fixed quantity of remaining expressions.
- Price Priority: Remaining impressions go to high paying ads which are suitable for last-minute advertisers who are willing to pay a premium for exposure
- House: Serves when no other ads are booked – mostly used for internal promotions.
Linking your DFP and account
Sounds pretty cool, huh? Admittedly, there must be some long, convoluted process to link AdSense to DFP, right? Nope!
You don’t need to link the two manually; AdSense is automatically associated with your Doubleclick For Publisher’s account. On the Admin Tab, there is a CA-PUB number that serves as your AdSense ID.
Go to the Admin tab, then click Network Settings and Property Code to verify that your Adsense Publisher code is shown there. The default setting in DFP is to send AdSense ads as Backfill.
AdSense backfill means that ads will show when:
- There are no valid Line Items for the Ad Unit
- Any valid Line Items has a lower CPM than the AdSense ad
To Enable backfill, go to Inventory, then click Ad Unit, select the ad unit, and click “Enable AdSense.” That way, your site will always be able to run some ads, even when there aren’t any valid Line Items for a particular impression.
MonetizeMore is an industry leader in ad optimization and can help you maximize your ad earnings! Click here to contact us for a FREE consultation today.