Ad Exchange is known to have the best fill rate among all ad networks. However, in the bidding process, Ad Exchange may sometimes be unable to win the battle, meaning you’ll need a backup for an ad impression to target. This strategy allows publishers to monetize every single ad impression possible without having to worry about gaps.
Some of the ad networks known to fill at 100% across all geo-targets are:
- WebMedia (all those that are using AppNexus platform)
We recommend using CoffeeCup FTP to set up a passback URL. Its interface is fairly easy to navigate — you can check out How to Create Passback URLs With CoffeeCup: 10 Simple Steps for a quick guide.
- Login to Ad Exchange
- Go to ‘Rules’
- Give it a descriptive name (e.g. domain_728x90)
- Target the relevant ad unit(s)
- Look for the section where it says ‘Backup ads’, and choose ‘Show other ads from another URL’
- Paste the passback URL in the box box provided