Recent updates were released by Google earlier this year for Ad Exchange and one of them is the additional function in reporting. Active View metrics are now available in the Ad Exchange Query Tool to provide measurement data showing publishers the number of viewable impressions their site generated.
Related Read: What is the New Ad Exchange Query Tool?
But why is viewability important to you as a publisher? Publishers can use this data to understand and enhance their site’s viewability. Advertisers on the other hand, are more interested in buying viewable impressions thus, publishers with viewable inventory are most likely to earn better in the long run. Additionally, maximizing the quantity of your viewable impressions will help you with the following:
- Determine areas where there is low viewability and be able to figure out how to increase their viewability rate
- Understand the possibility of how the ads can be clicked given its viewability
- Allow brand advertisers from Google display network to see your eligible inventory
An impression is considered a viewable impression when it has appeared within a user’s browser and had the opportunity to be seen. This should be the main guideline that you as a publisher should consider enhancing your site’s viewability. To help maximize the number of viewable impressions generated by your site, you will need to consider the content, ad placement, and speed. Content must be engaging and should be viewed on the first page without scrolling down.
Ads placed below the navigation bar tend to have a higher viewability rate rather than those at the very top of the page. Lastly, the ads should load fast even before the users starts scrolling down. MonetizeMore is in the business of helping you earn more from Ad Exchange and other premium ad networks.
- DFP Ad Exchange Update: September 2014
- DFP for Small Business 101: Defining Terms and Metrics
- Adsense Tips: How to Make your Site more User-Friendly
- Ad Exchange New Policy: 5 Ad Units per Page for Desktop Sites
- What is the New Ad Exchange Query Tool?
- How can Publishers Take Advantage of Adwords’ Search Network and Display Select