This is the third installment of our new weekly feature: The DFP Cheat Sheet for Beginners. Stay tuned every week for a new post on the step-by-step process of DFP optimization, and don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter for each edition delivered straight to your inbox.
Step 3: Generating DFP Ad Tags
1) Go the ‘Inventory’ tab
2) On the left-hand panel, click ‘Generate Tags’
3) Search for ad units one page at a time by using keywords — this is one reason it’s important to be very descriptive when giving your ad units a name, so you can group your tags in the future and generate all of the related tags in one go (such as all “Homepage” tags, or all “Sports section” tags).
4) Select the Ad Units you wish to include by clicking ‘Add’. Selected items will appear on the right. 5) Click ‘Generate tags’
6) Uncheck ‘Enable Single Request’
7) Uncheck and re-check ‘Enable Sync Request’. This is a DFP glitch. It renders asynchronous tag even if this option is ticked by default. A page refresh will be necessary.
8) Copy the header tag and implement on your site.
9) Copy the body tag and implement each based on the location where you want the ads to show up.
You can generate other tags for other sections of your site by clicking ‘Cancel’ and resetting the selected items. Just repeat the steps for each section of your website as needed.
Come back next week or subscribe to our newsletter to keep up on the DFP cheat sheet, and don’t forget to check out our other posts at the MonetizeMore.com blog for other ad optimization tips and tricks! Book your free consultation with MonetizeMore today!
- DFP Cheat Sheet for Beginners: Creating Ad Units
- DFP Cheat Sheet for Beginners: Trafficking Orders and Line Items
- FREE DFP Implementation by MonetizeMore
- 5 DFP Strategies to Maximize ROI
- DFP Small Business: The Powers of DFP and AdSense Combine!