Ten years ago, graduates were dying to be on their site to get their dream corporate jobs. Now, Millennials are way more creative in finding a balance between working and wanderlusting. Of course, companies are now catering for the needs of the millennial workforce who needs freedom from the four corners of a cubicle.
The new trend is working from anywhere, even while traveling. Thus the term ‘Digital Nomad’ was coined. It refers to someone who chooses to work in different places by using digital technology. If you’re interested in this kind of work lifestyle, check out the tips below to help you make the best out of the digital nomadic career life:
1) Have the right technology tools
The tools and equipment you have behind your desk may not be the right fit for where you are planning to work. Thus, it is important that you bring gadgets that would make your life easier and convenient when working somewhere else.
- Examine your laptop – to see if it’s battery can still work around 3-5 hours without being charged. If you plan to be a digital nomad for a long time, might as well invest in a new laptop if your current one barely works when not plugged in.
- Extra batteries and power banks – because you need to be ready in case of power outages or when you decide to work where an outlet is not available
- Headphones – Listening to music while working will relax your mind and get yourself focused on the job too. Also, when you expect to make client calls, this will be handy.
- Internet connection – being able to bring your own pocket wifi or turn your mobile into a hotspot will assure you that you will have an internet connection when public wifi is not available.
Having clients worldwide or in different time zones, means you need to keep communication your top priority. Inform your team if you will not be reachable in a few days or so to keep everyone in the loop.
3) Familiarize yourself with your planned work base
When planning to work in a foreign location, be sure to navigate the area. Study their local maps and find the right places where you can finish work.
4) First aid kit and health supplies
Sudden sickness should be the least of your worries when you’re mobile. However, this is inevitable, so better be prepared.
5) Enjoy your surroundings while working
Remember, you’re not just an employee, but a tourist (or maybe a soon-to-be-local of a new place) too. This encourages mental stimulation and frees you of stress.
The MonetizeMore Lifestyle Stories
We are proud to say that MonetizeMore accommodates the digital nomadic lifestyle as we let our employees work from anywhere in the world.
It doesn’t feel like work at all. It’s like a hobby or a favorite past time which you have all the freedom to bring along wherever you are. It’s literally work-life balance. You can go places with peace of mind knowing that, hey, your work is traveling with you! No going through the hoops of a tough vacation leave processing anymore, because who needs one? – Felirose
Working with MonetizeMore is liberating and empowering at the same time! People struggle to achieve work-life balance but never been able to get it. With MonetizeMore, you have all the freedom to be anywhere in the world and be with family and friends and just get your stuff done. Who could ask for more? – Gracey
Yes, we’re hiring!
Our team is currently looking for dynamic individuals who want to be part of our growing company. We have an opening for Ad optimizers and Web Developers. If you’d like to become a digital nomad with a fulfilling career, send your application via our career page here.