Advertisers pay higher bids for highly viewable ads. Consider repositioning your ad unit.
- Choose a spot that fits the website design and attracts attention.
- Run a report on Ad Manager choosing the “Total Active View % viewable impressions” as a metric → this gives you the viewability rate of your ads
- Use these questions as a guide when deciding on placements:
- What is the user trying to accomplish by visiting the site?
- What do they do when viewing a particular page?
- Where is their attention likely to be focused?
- A/B test to compare different ad spots & ad size combination, and determine which one performs best.
- Check out Google’s guide to ad sizes: https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/6002621?hl=en