On March 17, 2021, the latest Prebid update was released. In this article, we’ll take a look at the new features and product developments available with this version.
There were quite a few changes to this version, but the only new feature that came out was the Novatiq snowflake userId submodule initial release. Novatiq uses a patented technology called Dynamic Snowflake ID that enables safe access to first-party data intelligence.
Through this technology, publishers can increase their ad inventory value by discovering new opportunities and focusing on strategic engagement with audiences. This also helps publishers position their ad inventory as premium inventory and command higher levels of ad rates.
Changes to bid adapters
The following changes have been made to bid adapters:
- Smartyads Bid Adapter: A coppa field from the configuration was added.
- Qwarry Bid Adapter: Referer detection was added.
- BizzClick Bid Adapter: Support for COPPA, CCPA and GDPR was added.
- Spotx Bid Adapter: Support for cache.ignoreBidderCacheKey was added.
- Bid Glass Bid Adapter: You can now pass options in bid request.
- GumGum Bid Adapter: You can now pass the bidfloor currency in bidrequest.
- VOX & Hybrid Bid Adapters: The global var name was fixed to avoid any potential conflicts.
- AMX Bid Adapter: General adapter support and code refactoring were added here.
- IronSource Bid Adapter: Session_id & is_wrapper parameters were added to the adapter.
- Rise Bid Adapter: session_id & is_wrapper parameters were added to the adapter.
- Apacdex Bid Adapter: They worked on the userId module support and you can now show demo ads in debug mode.
- Sonobi Bid Adapter: You can now send eids in bid request.
The following bugs were fixed within bid adapters:
- PBS Bid Adapter: There was a bug fix for first-party data to avoid overrides.
- LiveIntent Id System: Parsing response issues were fixed.
Are you struggling to run your header bidding effectively via Prebid? MonetizeMore has its own header bidding solution called PubGuru Header Bidding that contains a lot of advanced header bidding features that Prebid does not have. Our header bidding solution also takes away all the headaches of bug fixes and staying up to date with the latest prebid changes. Let the ad optimization experts handle your header bidding for you and help maximize results! Sign up to MonetizeMore today!