This post was most recently updated on August 19th, 2022
There’s a lot of Ad servers out there that promises to give you everything that you need, and we definitely can’t just pick any ad server that you see when you search the web. Being wise in selecting the right one for your site can save you from a lot of hassle and unnecessary waste of your energy, effort, and resources.
So let’s start off with figuring out what are the factors that we have to consider in selecting the best ad server for your site. Here are a few lists to ponder on before signing up on that ad server you have in mind.
1. Think about your selling strategy:
Consider what you are going to sell: premium inventories or your remnant inventories. How about your targeting requirements – because not all ad servers can cater to all your sales strategies. Whether you want to sell your remnant inventories via ad exchanges like Doubleclick AdExchange or just want to monetize all your inventories, be sure to have an ad server that has access to an ad exchange.
Related Read: The DFP Cheat Sheet for Beginners: Basic Strategies to Use
2. Consider the features that you will need:
Check the following matches to your needs.
- Targeting – up to what level of targeting your ad server is capable of?
- Reporting – Can it provide you with a report that you need for your site?
- Productization and packaging – How easy can you create your product using this ad server?
- Campaign Trafficking – Does your ad server has the capability of helping in trafficking your site like having a priority setting or a creative template?
- Forecasting – Can your ad server provide accurate daily forecasting of your inventories?
- Ease of use – How’s the overall usability of that ad server?
- Support – Do they have 24/7 customer support?
- System Integration -Is your ad server capable of retrieving data in an automated manner?
- Premium Services: How well can your ad server support the following ad types: Mobile, Videos, Ad exchanges
3. Questions to ask before clicking the “Sign up” button:
- Do you have enough time and the right people to handle this ad server?
- Do you want to have the resources in handling such an ad server to take advantage of its full potential?
- How willing and patient are you in learning the whole ad serving structure and how it operates?
4. Popular Ad Servers to choose from
To give you a jumpstart in looking for the right ad server for you, we listed down some popular ad servers that might fit your needs. For a more detailed overview be sure to visit our Top Ad Servers For Publishers blog post.
- This ad server supports Premium services such as mobile, video and has access to Google AdSense. It can significantly help in optimizing directly sold ads, Adsense, and third-party ad networks.
- You can quickly sign up for this ad network if you have an AdSense account.
- This ad server is best for those who are just starting their website and wants to manage multiple ad networks with a hassle-free implementation.
- This ad server is ideal for those medium to large sites and who are starting to earn more impressions. It has access to Google Ad Exchange which offers premium ads for publishers.
- It offers dynamic allocation options and full control of the restrictions on their inventories as well as in CPMs.
- This is also a premium ad server that is on par with Doubleclick for Publishers Premium. It can give you the same quality and premium experience regarding their reporting and targeting; the only difference is that AdTech is much more straightforward and very user-friendly when it comes to their interface.
- This ad server is highly recommended to those medium to large publishers with limited resources.
- Offers the following:
- Advanced targeting filters
- Web analytics
- Allows managing of inventories and campaigns in one interface
- Best for medium to large publishers that want to handle an ad server that is very straightforward in their targeting options
- This ad server can be considered as a tight competitor of DFP Premium.
- They promote low latency and discrepancies so the publishers can earn more.
- This is for medium to large publishers who want to earn more in all possible revenue streams with less hassle in integration.
Considering all these tips before choosing an ad server can surely rock your way to monetizing your site, but be sure to review your selling strategies for the next few years. You can also contact us to help you get started with a DFP ad server implementation.
Contact us for a free consultation, and we’ll assist you in your ad serving strategy.