Top 5 Things You Should Know About SEO

To learn the SEO (Search Engine Optimization) game seems like a daunting task. For those of you who don’t know, SEO is the process of trying to get #1 in search engines like Google and attempting to attract high volumes of users via search engines.

5 Great SEO TipsThere is a limitless amount of information out there and you probably don’t know where to start. Don’t worry, you’re not alone! Well, before you begin or continue on your SEO journey there are 5 things you should know:

SEO results do not come quick

Don’t expect the keyword optimization you did yesterday to show results today. SEO requires patience even if you hire an expert to do it. The minimum amount of time you’ll have to wait to see significant results is 6 months.

SEO can be free or expensive

There is a lot of free information and free tools out there. However, it will take you a lot of time to optimize your website the free way. There’s a high time investment from testing, research, and content creation. The results won’t come right away as well.

There’s also the option of paying an expert to do your SEO. This will save you a large amount of time but is the more expensive option. However, paying an SEO expert to do your SEO will yield a higher return on investment. The SEO expert will produce stronger results and quicker results. To guarantee this high return on investment the SEO work must be coupled with usability simplification and conversion optimization.

Google isn’t the only Search Engine that matters

Yes, they do control 75% of the search engine market but the other 25% can still result in a high volume of traffic for you. It is important to focus most of your energy on Google. However, that’s what everybody does. All the other search engines have less competition. Therefore, it is much easier to boost page rank which yields quicker results.

Search Engines are geographic

If someone searches “plumber” on Google and they live in Victoria, BC. Google is going to give local Victoria, BC results for plumbers. If you’re looking for customers in your city, make sure you make it obvious your company is operating in that city.

We’re talking about having your city and province/state in the footer, headers, titles, content and attaching maps and local business listings to your location. This will ensure that interested customers close to you can find you easily via search engines.

SEO is not the end all-be all of online selling

SEO is merely the first step in a user’s buying process. If a user clicks on a search link they still have 5-10 steps before they spend a cent on your website. SEO does have a lot of potential to attract high volumes but if your website is only good at SEO, no user will want to spend the time to figure out how to get what they want. That translates into them not spending a cent on your website.

SEO is a very important first step that will affect the number of users that come to your website and how qualified they are. However, without solid usability and conversion optimization, you will merely have a high traffic website that makes little or no money.

Kean Graham

CEO and Founder at MonetizeMore

Kean is the resident expert in Ad Optimization covering areas like AdSense Optimization, DFP Management, and third-party ad network partnerships. Kean believes in the supremacy of direct publisher deals and holistic optimization as keys to effective and consistent ad revenue increases.

Get our latest ad optimization tips delivered to your inbox

Fill out my online form.

4 COMMENTS

  1. Jim M.

    Really decent post… I love it. Keep ’em coming… 🙂

    Reply
  2. aerial trapeze

    I genuinely agree with several of your points. They have spurred some interesting thoughts. I will read a lot more on this topic, thanks a ton!

    Reply
  3. online payday loans

    I was questioning occasion you ever considered altering design on the website? Its really correctly created; I adore what youve obtained to convey. But possibly it is possible to small far more in the way of content so males could interact with it greater. Youve obtained an awful total great deal of text for less than receiving a single or two images. Maybe you’ll be capable of area it out greater?

    Reply
    • admin

      Yes, I’m shopping around for a new theme that will be compatible for all browsers and will be more flexible for what I want to do.

      Reply

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *