Not only was it my first time at PubCon, but it was also my first time at a web conference. I had a lot of things to learn and many people to meet and learn about. None the less, PubCon has helped me open up to the online world at a deeper level and to realize how much more opportunity there is out there.
As you can imagine, I’ve learned a great deal at PubCon and about Pubcon in those three and a half days that went by like a flash. However, for your benefit, I decided to narrow down my findings to the top 10 things I learned at PubCon and about PubCon:
- Facebook Places: Get it while it’s hot!
- Going to interactive site reviews isn’t just about getting your site reviewed. It’s a great way to find out about amazing websites out there. Many partnerships and opportunities sparked in that very room.
- Google Website Optimizer for ad platforms like Google AdSense? Cha-ching!
- Although lunch lines can be frustrating, they’re a great opportunity to meet new people.
- Does Google actually listen to people? Whaaaaaat? (I’m sorry, please don’t Google slap me!)
- Don’t doddle around while electrical outlets are available.
- The best plug-ins WordPress has to offer. Consider them added…
- If you want to fit in, talk about SEO…and constantly praise the founder of SEOMoz.
- Website owners are starting to realize how much of a difference ad optimization can make to their bottom line.
- Open bar doesn’t quite mean…open bar…
It was nice meeting all you folks at PubCon and I hope to see you all and more at the next one. You can consider me a regular from now on.
Founder of Monetize More
To learn how to monetize your website, contact us here.