Get updated when we publish the latest DFP Tutorial videos.Subscribe to our YouTube Channel.
Hi! This is Megan and I am here to walk you through our next segment in the Learn 2 Monetize More video series. In this tutorial, we’re going to generate passback tags using DFP.
Passback tags are ad tags that allow you to provide alternative tags in case your specified floor price was not obtained for an ad slot. This ensures 100% fill in your ad slot. As a result your ad slots always serve an ad impression and always generate revenue.
This is a crucial skill for beginners to learn in order to maximize the revenue yield potentials of DFP. Are you ready? Let’s start!
- Log into DFP./li>
- Click on the Inventory tab.
- On the left hand panel, click on Generate Tags
- Select the ad unit you’d like to use as passback
If you made a mistake, you may click Reset or click the ‘x’ button inline with the ad unit name you want to exclude.
5. Once you have the right ad unit/s selected, click Generate tags.
6. Select Tag Type: for a website, choose Google Publisher Tag. For a mobile app, choose Mobile applications. (Use Google Publisher Tag for this demo).
7. Click Continue<.
8. Select Tag Options: tick Create passback tag.
9. Click Continue.
10. Tag Results will show the passback tag/s which is now ready for implementation.
11. Copy the passback tag/s and implement where appropriate
Here’s more information on DoubleClick For Publishers: www.monetizemore.com/dfp
Do you need help optimizing your ad revenue? Let MonetizeMore do it for you! MonetizeMore is a Google Certified Publisher Partner ready to help you take your ad revenue to the next level! Sign up today!