This post was most recently updated on August 16th, 2021
Get updated when we publish the latest DFP Tutorial videos.Subscribe to our YouTube Channel.
Welcome back to the Learn to Monetize More video series. Today we’ll help to further cultivate your mastery of DFP by teaching how to create a Google Adsense order.
The fundamental means of monitoring inventory in DFP is through ad units. In this video, we’ll teach you how to create an Adsense order with the corresponding ad units through the DFP interface. We’ll also discuss several ways for you to organize inventory as well as discuss features and options available to you when creating Adsense order ad units.
Before we start, let’s first define important terms:
An Order (i.e. Google Adsense) may contain one or more line items (i.e. ch5_Monetizemore_atf_728x90)
1) In your DFP account, go to Delivery.
2) Click the ‘New Order’ button.
3) Enter a Name using this convention:
It should look this way: Monetizemore_Adsense <space> Channel 5
4) For the Advertiser field, enter ‘Google Adsense’
5) Scroll down to the section: New line item
6) In the Name field, enter the line item name using the previous convention:
the channel number, domain, placement, size.
7) Under Inventory sizes, plug in the size: 728×90.
8) Check the box: Allow same advertiser exception
9) Scroll down to Settings, select Type. A drop-down will appear, then choose ‘Price Priority’.
10) For the Start Time field, select Immediately.
11) For the End Time field, choose Unlimited.
12) For the Limit field, select None.
13) Set the Rate.
14) Once you’ve entered the rate, click set value CPM.
15) Scroll down to the Ad Targeting section. Click Ad Units.
16) On the field bar, type in the name of the relevant ad unit, such as ch5_Monetizemore_atf_728x90 and select it from the list.
17) Click Include.
18) Click Save and Upload creatives.
19) Select Third Party.
20) Paste the corresponding Adsense code creative in the Code snippet box field.
21) In the Name field, enter the size, ex: 728×90
22) Click Save.
23) If this is the first line item created, you will be asked to click on Approve.
To get the latest videos from our Learn2MonetizeMore series, subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Dive deeper and learn how to better organize your ad inventory and create AdSense orders in Google Ad Manager with expert guidance from MonetizeMore. Become an ad ops guru with PubGuru University where we teach you how to master your ad inventory! Discover the same techniques we use to optimize ads for our publisher partners. Enroll today!
Kean Graham is the CEO and founder of MonetizeMore & a pioneer in the Adtech Industry. He is the resident expert in Ad Optimization, covering areas like Adsense Optimization,GAM Management, and third-party ad network partnerships. Kean believes in the supremacy of direct publisher deals and holistic optimization as keys to effective and consistent ad revenue increases.
Here’s the course that 300+ pubs used to scale their ad revenue.
Paid to Publishers
Ad Requests Monthly
10X your ad revenue with our award-winning solutions.Let's Talk