Get updated when we publish the latest DFP Tutorial videos. Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
Previously in this series, we taught you how to create an Adsense order with DFP. This time, we’re going to teach you how to create an order for Ad Exchange. It’s better to do this right after completing all your Adsense orders. Both Adsense and Ad Exchange are Google products and seamlessly tie in with DFP.
We’ll also discuss the nuances of an Ad Exchange order setup when compared to setting up Adsense orders. After finishing with this tutorial, you’ll be able to comfortably create orders for both Ad Exchange and Adsense.
- If you have an AdSense account, make sure to create orders for them before creating any Ad Exchange Order
- Log-in to your DFP account
- Go to the Delivery tab
- Click New Order
- Input the name for your Order – Remember that the order name should be unique in your network
- Select Google Ad Exchange – Make sure to select Google AdX ad network in the selection
- Go to New line item from within the order for your ad tag
- Open the document where you placed your Ad Exchange tags – If you haven’t created any Ad Exchange tags, go to the Creating Google Ad Exchange Tags tutorial
- Copy-paste the first ad tag name you previously made – For example, an ad tag can be named “ch1_AdX_MonetizeMore_top_728x90”
- Select the corresponding inventory size of your ad tag
- For this example, it’s 728 x 90
- Make sure that the inventory size selected is the same as the one specified in the ad tag
11. Check Allow same advertiser option
12. Scroll down to the Settings section
13. In the Type selection, choose Ad Exchange – You can adjust the delivery settings but it’s optional
14. Proceed to the Add Targeting section
15. Select Inventory
16. Click Ad units – It will pull up the units previously created in Ad Exchange
17. Look for the corresponding tag or tags, select it, and click include
18. Scroll down and click on Save and upload creatives
19. Get the ad code for the unit.
- You can either get it from your saved file or get the code from your Ad Exchange account
- In this case, I’m going to get it from the Ad Exchange account
20. Copy-paste the code in the box below New Creative
21. Input the size as the name
- In this case, it’s 728 x 90
- Make sure not to make changes in the code or else it won’t work properly
22. Click Save
23. Now we just need to approve the order
24. Click the Delivery tab on top
25. Click on the order. As you can see, the status of the order is Pending approval
26. Click Approve – Now the order is ready to be served
27. If you have AdSense line items, it will compete along with Ad Exchange line items set at the lower priority or the same priority to maximize yield.
To get the latest videos from our Learn2MonetizeMore series, subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Contact us for a free consultation to find out how to increase your ad revenues.